Victoria Dwellings - Self Catering Walsall
Home >> Properties >> Walsall >> Victoria Dwellings
Victoria Dwellings is our cosy Victorian house in Walsall (postcode WS1 2LH) and having 2 bedrooms plus a further room which doubles as dining room and single bedroom, up to 5 people can sleep here in comfort. Apparently people donít come to the West Midlands for a holiday, so we are told (we donít believe this by the way, there is lots to do around here!), but many people come to work in the area, and this property is very popular for this.
Working away from home it’s so much nicer to have a whole house to yourself, rather than being cooped up in one room, and not having to eat out for every single meal soon adds up to a great saving. We replaced both the kitchen and bathroom here last year, and added a downstairs toilet and shower room, so there’s no fighting for the bathroom when you’re getting ready! The facilities at Victoria Dwellings are:
- one double bedroom, being a 4ft 6 which we don’t often use, but we really couldn’t fit anything bigger in! Still plenty of space for a chest of drawers, wardrobe and bedside table, plus the usual wall-mounted 27 inch digital LCD TV,
- a further twin room which could also be used as a 6ft-wide superkingsize if required, again with ample storage and LCD TV
- luxury bathroom with very comfortable bath, having a handheld shower attachment, plus a separate large shower cubicle (1100mm x 800mm, none of the nasty 760mm square showers here where you leave with bruised elbows!), and toilet of course
- downstairs shower room with toilet, perfect if you have someone with difficulty climbing stairs as there is also a downstairs single bedroom. This room also has a dining table which can be used if you prefer that to sitting with your food on your lap with the beanbag trays we also provide,
- cosy lounge with leather sofas, one squishy one modern, to cover everybody’s preference, to watch the 42 inch digital LCD TV or a DVD, and
- a fully-equipped kitchen down to dishwasher and washing machine, fridge freezer, microwave, and basically everything equipment-wise you could need.
However if you don’t feel like cooking, Victoria Dwellings is also close to two lovely pubs which serve a good selection of food. In Walsall town itself, around a ten minute walk away, there are further restaurants, shops and social options.
Lastly, the picturesque Walsall Arboretum is just a few hundred yards’ away, covering over 80 acres and with more than 200 species of tree, a few lakes, children’s play area and a café or two – perfect for a lovely peaceful walk on a beautiful day. Victoria Dwellings also has a little outside area typical of the period, where you are most welcome to use our barbeque equipment. If you were staying in a hotel or B&B room, the closest you’d get to that would be to head to the nearest burger bar. Not really comparable, and definitely not half as much fun, on a lovely warm day!